Set up email filters
Post date: Oct 18, 2011 8:45:58 PM
Use filters to manage your incoming messages. With filters, you can automatically label, archive, or delete messages based on keywords and other criteria.
Note: Google mail filters are similar to Email Rules in previously used email applications.
1. Open Google mail.
2. In the upper right, click Settings > Filters > Create a new filter. Or, just click the Create a filter link at the top of the top of your Mail window
3. Enter your filter criteria in the fields:
4. Optionally, click Test Search to see which messages currently in Gmail match your filter terms. You can update your criteria and run another test search.
5. Click Next Step, then select one or more actions to apply to messages that match this filter's criteria:
Note: These actions are applied in the order in which they are listed. For example, you could choose to forward matching messages to a specific email address, and then delete the messages.
6. To apply the filter to messages you've already received, click Also apply filter to [x] conversations below.
7. Click Create Filter.